American Biltrite Case Study
- Prep school - 4th through 12th grade in an environment to develop character and leadership skills
- Total enrollment of over 17,000 students at preparatory school and 15 different Community College locations
- Jenkins Hall addition and renovation designed to add academic space as well as a dining hall.
- Additions and renovations to Jenkins Hall on the Georgia Military College campus (originally built in the 1920’s). Goal was to update finishes to incorporate school colors and mascot. Specification was for terrazzo but due to high cost Texas Granite was considered as an option. End user desired many color options with the ability to maintain a high gloss level.
American Biltrite's SOLUTION:
- After reviewing Texas Granite’s benefits and discussing the importance of a durable floor with a high gloss option, Texas Granite was chosen. Texas Granite’s resilience to high traffic and ease of repair along with the many color options were factors in the decision. Texas Granite can easily be water-jet cut to incorporate intricate patterns in the flooring. Texas Granite was installed in the offices and throughout the corridors.