American Biltrite Case Study
- A high performing school district on Chicago’s North Shore that serves approximately 3,100 students from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade across four elementary and two middle schools.
- The school’s VCT was hard to keep clean, especially in winter months and required regular stripping and waxing.
- Tiles were small, visually dated and showed seam expansion due to shrinkage.
- The EVS team needed a low maintenance, resilient flooring option that could withstand daily traffic and soiling.
- School officials also wanted a high-gloss, expensive looking tile that fell within the district budget.
- Areas to be covered: corridors and entrance ways.
American Biltrite's SOLUTION:
- Texas Granite was selected as a no wax and low-cost maintenance solution; 25,000 sq. ft. installed.
- The EVS team has noted how easily the floors clean, and gloss levels are easily restored without using costly products.
- Larger 24” tile was installed to provide a seamless look. 12” tiles in accent colors served as a border and design statement.
- School officials and faculty are pleased with the high-gloss, high-end appearance of the flooring while accommodating the high traffic by students.